July 20, 2009
We continued our California adventure to the wonderful Sacramento Valley. Upon our arrival in Sacramento, we were greeted with 100 degree temperatures. We thought we'd left that in Texas! It really isn't as bad as the Texas heat. As much as people joke about the "dry heat" there is something to be said about being able to breath when you step outside and not feel like you are inhaling water. Humidity really does make things worse.
We enjoyed being toured around Folsom and seeing all the changes. There is even an In-n-Out right off the highway. Did they have to wait until I moved away to build one? The infamous mall that was always talked about is also under construction and there is a new high school near my parents house. I still can't get over how much growth there has been. The areas that we used to go off roading at are now covered in houses. Folsom has gotten so big that they need two high schools. It is crazy.
Our day was completed with Rubio's fish tacos (yummy) and me playing mahj jong with my mom and her friends. I even won one game!
July 21, 2009
Our last day in Folsom was spent touring some more. Folsom used to have a road that went over the dam right by Folsom Lake. The road had been closed for at least 10 years or so because they were working on the dam, and I think for national security issues. Well, they finally finished the construction of a new bridge right next to the dam. I don't know what it is with this bridge, but my mom is OBSESSED. I think we rode over the bridge 4 times in one day. She would even go out of her way to take us over the bridge to "see it in a different light." I do have to admit that it is a neat bridge, and they are building a new spillway to the dam, so I enjoyed seeing the construction, but it is a little funny how much my mom loves the bridge.
We finished off our last day in Folsom having dinner with our family friends Gail and Charles. We have know them since my dad started working in Sacramento over 15 years ago (yes, it was that long ago that he moved there). We had a wonderful dinner at Chicago Fire, a Chicago style pizza place in downtown Folsom. It was nice to see them and to have a enjoyful dinner with everyone.
We headed back to Texas the next morning after a yummy lunch at In-n-Out. It was a great trip and we look forward to bringing the little one with us on our next California adventure.
August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment