July 11th, 2009
It was right about now in our adventures that we announced to our family and friends our exciting news. We are expecting!!!! The due date is set as January 23rd, but as we know, the little one will arrive whenever it darn well pleases.
The pregnancy has been fairly easy so far. I avoided the morning sickness by eating more than my daily serving of Trader Joe's peanut butter pretzels whenever I felt nauseous. I continued the carb loading (and avoiding the nauseousness) at various intervals through the day by eating cereal, granola bars, more peanut butter pretzels, etc. I topped it all off with LOTS OF WATER. I think my poor office has had to up their water supply because I go through three of my bottles a day (of which I bring one from home). Before I used to drink just my one water bottle and I was a happy camper. Now, I am through with one by the time 10AM rolls around.
I think Ari has adapted well to having a pregnant wife. When I am tired at 9PM, he goes to bed with me. When I am a veggie around the house, he joins me with some more ice cold water on the couch. He also has taken care of making sure that I am eating enough for two. He puts extra fruit and veggies in my lunch and always make sure there is a granola bar, just in case. He has been such a wonderful support system, that I know I could not do this without him. Plus I know that I would not be eating as healthy with out his cooking, so it is working for all of us.
We'll keep adding pictures to the blog as things progress. Make sure to check back often!
August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations! Preganancy is quite an adventure. We are expecting a boy around November 18 and are very excited! I am looking forward to seeing your 20 week ultrasound pictures! They are the best!
Post a Comment