September 28, 2009

Week 23 and Austin

The weeks are flying by. So far I haven't grown that much in the last few weeks. I had a big growth spurt and now it is fairly slow. I am sure that will change soon. We continued the Bond adventures by heading to Austin this weekend for the Texas game and Adva's 2nd birthday party.

Friday we left work a little early and drove down to Austin. We had a nice dinner visiting with Jeff, Kim, and Addison. Addison is getting so big and was even able to say Ari and Ellen by the end of the night!

Saturday morning, Ari was up early to go to the Texas-UTEP game. Whitney scored some sweet "suite" tickets from her contacts at work (yes, I know it is a bad pun). They headed off to tailgate and get ready for the game.

I decided to take advantage of having the day to myself. I started my day having lunch at my favorite Austin spot, Kerby Lane. They have the most amazing veggie salads. I would drive 3 hours just to eat there. After that I spent 2 hours at the new BuyBuyBaby in Austin. BuyBuyBaby is BedBath and Beyond's baby store. When my parents were in town, we went to the one in Plano and had some fabulous customer service. The Austin store just opened and one of the sale associates from the Plano store was down there helping open the store. She remembered my family and was so helpful again. I spent most of the time looking at diaper bags and car seats. I don't know what I am going to do about the diaper bag. I carry a large purse, so I think I might want to get one for both, but do I need that all the time? Oh the dilemas.

The next topic I tackled was the infant seat. I hadn't decided which brand I wanted yet. So I went and played with all the ones at the store. They even let me take the car seat out to my car and see how it would work getting in and out of the car. They also put an 8 lb weight in the infant seat so I could see how it felt. These infant seats are HEAVY. I was shocked. I think I have made my decision, but I still want to play with them a little more.

Later in the afternoon, Whitney arranged for me to get a prenatal massage. It was wonderful. This was also the first time that I really felt the baby kick. Mind you, I had a chocolate and banana smoothie right before the massage and the sugar probably helped that.

I then headed back to the hotel to shower and get ready for Adva's 2nd birthday party. It was nice catching up with our friends Tamara and Kevin. They always throw great parties for Adva with lots of fun and good food. Ari and Whitney were even able to join us at the end of the party after Texas whopped up on UTEP and we all had fun watching Adva open up her presents at the end of the evening.

After the party, Ari, Whitney, and I headed to Katz's since it never closes. You have to finish off your evening in Austin with some yummy Jewish food.

Sunday we had a wonderful brunch at South Congress Cafe with Tamara, Kevin, Adva, and Tamara's mom and dad. The food was delicious and a nice chance to spend more time with our friends. We headed back to to Dallas in time for Kol Nidre services, but not without our required stop in West for kolaches!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

car seats are SO heavy! We were between the graco and peg perego but the extra weight of the peg made us go for the graco (the maxi cozi was super back-ordered in our area and not compatable with out stroller).
Glad you were able to have such a nice day to yourself! Enjoy them while you can.
Oh and get a BIG diaper bag, you'll be shocked by how much you haul. I have a fleurville mothership which is fabulous!